Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 days of Homemade Day- 6 & 7

Yesterday I skipped day 6 due to a very cranky 2 year old. I knew I was going to combine a few days so here we go. Lets recap the last 5 days-Day 1 was Cookies, Day 2 was jewelry for the ladies, Day 3 was for the gentlemen, and Day 4 was all about paper. Day 5 was homemade condiments and now on to day 6 &7.
I was thinking that this season is all about thinking of others. How about others that you don't know? Do they need help too? They sure do!
 I am fortunate enough to have a roof over my head and food to eat. Others are not as lucky.  When I was in high school I did plenty of community service, and it''s a great way to give back to the community.
There are plenty of places to donate your time or nonperishable items to: Food banks, homeless shelters, soup kitchens.
My old Boss would make little care packages- She made 5 last year, the kit included Socks, gloves, a hat, blanket, toothbrush/ toothpaste, shampoo/ conditioner, wet wipes, and a loaf of bread.  She went around  downtown Seattle and gave them out to a few people in need.
Anything small that you do for others will always help bring a smile to someone's face.

1 comment:

  1. YES great way to Celebrate this Holiday or any other .
    do a good deed everyday and as many as you can.
    It spreads goodness and love
    Thanks liz

    ReplyDelete