For day 1 I picked Cookies! This is a ageless gift. People have been making holiday cookies for friends and neighbors for a long time. It's fun to decorate sugar cookies with colorful sprinkles and icing. Or if you don't have time to decorate cookies then the basic "drop" cookie will suit your needs. Here are a few good recipes.
- Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies- I love making these anytime of the year. They are always a hit.
- Gingerbread Cookies- Make those cute little men, or a house.
- Sugar Cookies- Great for rolling and cutting out and decorating with icing and sprinkles.
- Swedish Dreams - Oh so easy and airy, like you are eating a cloud in your dreams.
- Rum Balls- This recipe combines brownies and Rum! How could you say no to that?!
- Russian Tea Cakes- or Mexican Wedding cakes either way they are nutty and buttery. Very similar to my Lime Meltaways
- Zandkoekjes- Is Dutch for "Sand Cookies" because they are crumbly and the color of sand.