Thursday, May 9, 2013

What Cookies?

I took the last few weeks off since  it was super duper nice outside. Which living in Seattle we only get an average of 71 nice days a year. Now I gotta take advantage of it when I get it.  I buckled down and made cookies today- were they awesome? NO. Are they Rollin' Momma worthy? NO. So you don't get a recipe today.
In my 20 years of baking I have made thousands nay millions of cookies. I am here to tell you that mistakes have happened. Have I used baking powder instead of baking soda? yeah. Forgot the salt? yeah. Forgot 1/2 the butter? yeah. Forgot eggs? yeah. The list goes on and on. I'm not a perfect baker.With this particular recipe I did everything right and they were just not awesome. I wasn't sure what they were supposed to taste like and it just wasn't tasty. But I will remind you of some great tried and true recipes until next week.

  • Lime Meltaways- this was one of the first cookie recipes that I perfected after many fails. I even burned my hand pulling them out of the oven when I was 15 and swore I was never taking anything out of the oven again!
  • Ranger Cookies- Classic cookies with many different varieties  When I first made this cookie I was sceptical but they turned out to be Amazing!
  • Homemade Samoas- With a little bit of work you too can have Samoas all year long!

Thanks for stopping by and I will have a new cookie recipe for next week's Cookie Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment