Saturday, April 20, 2013

Coffee and Molasses Pork Chops

I recently bought a big pack of pork chops cause they were a great price. Talk about getting four -3 serving  meals for $13.  All I had to do was make something spectacular, and I can do that! I was on a search for good pork chop recipes and came across this one. Let me tell you this was fantastic! But what do you expect from Alton Brown? I changed the recipe around a bit because of what I had in my pantry.
Coffee and Molasses Marinated Pork Chops
adapted from Alton Brown
3 or 4 (1/2 inch) bone in pork chops
1 cup Coffee -cooled
1/2 cup Molasses
1 TBS Dijon mustard
2 TBS minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 Bay leaf
Rinse and pat dry the pork chops and set in a large ziplock or shallow dish.
In a seperate bowl combine the coffee, molasses,  mustard, garlic, salt, ginger, pepper, rosemary and bay leaf. Whisk everything till smooth. Pour over the pork chops and let marinate for a little as 2 hours or as long as overnight.
To cook: It would be great grilled for summer cookouts- or if you are inside: Pan fry in a large frying pan with 2 TBS olive oil and let the pan heat up. I mean get it smokin' hot. Then carefully add the pork chops. Depending on the thickness of the meat will depend on the amount of time it needs to cook on each side. Mine took about 3 min each side. With the leftover marinade it can be reduced down by half and served over the pork. I didn't do that I as out of space on the stove. But I bet it's really yummy. Over all the meat was tender and juicy and didn't have a overwhelming taste of coffee. I served it with brown rice, brussels sprouts, and corn It will definitely be in rotation in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment