Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lemon burst cookies

When I was  thinking up ideas for cookie Thursday I kinda came up blank. I looked outside and saw the rain and cloudy skies and wished for summertime. Then I thought of the most summery thing Lemon burst cookies! Then I realized I haven't done a cookie like this for cookie Thursday before. I added a little lavender- but I could have added more it has a small hint of lavender. This cookie come together fast and makes the house smell amazing!
Lemon Burst Cookies 
with a hint of lavender
1 stick unsalted butter- softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs- room temp*
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 lemons zested
1-3 TBS lavender buds** chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar- set aside

Preheat the oven to 350
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter and sugar for 3 min until fluffy. Then slowly add each egg at a time, and mix till incorperated, add the vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, lemon zest and lavender buds. With the mixer on low slowly add the flour mixture and mix till just combined. Now roll the dough into tablespoon size balls and roll into the reserved powdered sugar. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 min. Until domed up and lightly brown on the bottom.                                                                                               * to get cold eggs to room temp place them in a glass of warm water for 10 min      **I used 1 TBS  but next time I would use 3 TBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment