Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chocolate pretzels

Woo Who Rain! I'm only half kidding! But I made it into kitchen and made some yummy cookies. Aren't they cute? Little chocolate pretzels. This was a fun project for my little helper.  But he couldn't make the pretzel shape, so he made various shapes. The one that was his favorite was the "L" shape.  I wonder why?! ha ha. I paired these with a caramel sauce and they were fantastic. Way better then my complete mess up last week. 
Chocolate Pretzels:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup salted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
sugar crystals

In a medium bowl combine the flour and cocoa powder. In a electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Then add the flour and cocoa powder mixture. Mix until combined. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 30 min. Preheat the oven to 375* Roll the dough into 20 small balls. Roll each ball into a rope. With each rope form a heart shape with the ends overlapping to cross in the center.  Sprinkle the cookies with some crystal sugar.  place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 12-15. transfer to a rack and let cool. 
I cheated and used pre-made caramel sauce that I had in my fridge for some ice cream.  But here is a link for some great caramel sauce that I make from time to time. Caramel Sauce from the food network.  I hope you enjoy these fun cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment