Friday, May 17, 2013

Chipotle Lamb Tacos

Lamb was on sale, so I figured I'd try it out. Once it was in my fridge I just stared at it puzzled. Now what do I make with.this unique meat. Don't get me wrong I love lamb. I had just never made it at home or even work. So the journey began. Everyone I asked suggested Greek style foods- which I am not against, I just wasn't in the mood for it. Then I realized we hadn't had tacos for a while. Then the brainstorming began...with the end result of me saying "I may never eat beef tacos again!" This recipe is easy to assemble and cook. In fact we liked it so much the first time - I made it the following night too! But seriously it can be made with any other kind of meat- turkey, beef, chicken, or maybe tofu- why not?!

Chipotle Lamb Tacos
1 pound ground lamb
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 small can chipoltle chillies in Adobo sauce
1 bunch Cilantro chopped
1/2 avacodo diced
1 cup shredded cabbage (optional)
1 lime cut in wedges
6 oz feta cheese
10 corn tortillas

Preheat the oven to 275*.  Wrap the corn tortillas in foil and place in oven to keep warm for 10-15 min.
Meanwhile in a large skillet brown the lamb, with the Olive Oil. Once the meat is browned up remove any fats that might still be in the pan. Depending on how spicy you want it, be careful on how many chipotle peppers you add  next, but for sure add all the sauce! For us we love spicy! So  I added the entire can to my lamb - and boy was it spicy- but a good amount of heat for us. Then stir in a 1-2 TBS of chopped Cilantro.
Now just assemble the tacos in any fashion you like with a warm corn tortilla, I started with avocado, then lamb, feta, squeeze of lime  and a sprinkling of cilantro. We didn't do cabbage but that would be great on the tacos as well. Really this is a easy recipe that can be pulled together rather quickly. I hope you try out the lamb! It was really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment