Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pineapple- Berry Pops


When I came across a bunch of pineapple peices in my cuppard I was determined to make some yummy pops out of them. But  pure pineapple proved to be a bit too acidic for my tastes. With my fridge full of strawberries-(yes again!) Doing a two-toned pop looks cool and layers the flavors. 
Pineapple- Berry Pops
38oz pineapple pieces in pineapple juice
2 TBS honey
2 pounds strawberries stems removed
1/4 cup acai berry juice
1/4 cup sugar

In a blender or food processor- combine the pineapple pieces, juice, and honey. Puree until smooth. Fill each pop mold about 1/2 way up. Using the same bowl -no need to clean it, it's just a little pineapple. Add the strawberries, acai berry juice and sugar. Blend unitl puree. Pour into the other 1/2 of the mold. The pineapple puree is so heavy and the strawberry puree is much lighter so they can stay pretty seperate. I used a knife to create the cool two toned swirl. Now divide into Popsicle molds, freeze for about an hour and add the sticks. Don't add the sticks right away because they will sink to the bottom. I always freeze my pops overnight before removing from the molds. To release from molds, just dip in warm water and pull out. Wrap the pops in wax paper or plastic wrap,then stack in a freezer bag. It's so much better then store bought pops!


No comments:

Post a Comment