Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Roasted Chickpeas with Bacon


Chicka-BOOM! I'm back from a nice little blogging rest. Now I am full of great new ideas, and ready to share. Today I was reading the new Bon Appetit Magazine and it reminded me how much I love roasted chickpeas! Roasted chickpeas- with BACON! Yup might as well do it up! This is a great side dish or for a lite snack. Lets face it once you start eating them it will be hard to stop. Trust me. And when it's this simple to make you'll be surprised how often you crave them.

Roasted Chickpeas with Bacon
(2) 15oz cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
4 slices of bacon chopped
1-2 pinches Cayanne Pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
2 pinches Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Cumin
2 Bay Leaves
1 TBS Olive Oil

Preheat the oven to 400
Pour olive oil on a 4 sided sheet pan, place sheet pan in the oven. Let the pan preheat for 5 min.
In a bowl combine, chickpeas, bacon, and spices. Stir to combine. Pour onto the hot pan, and shake to even out. Bake for 30- 40 min, checking every 15-20 to stir and shake the pan. They are done when the chickpeas are crispy. Let cool for a bit, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment