Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Southwestern Chicken

During one of my trips to the library I found a great slow cooker recipe book. A slow cooker  allows you to cook without a stove and while you are away. I utilize my slow cooker for pulled pork, pot roast, canning, soups and stews. I got this book for some new tricks, and I found a few good recipes. The Southwestern Chicken recipe comes together fast and cooks for 6 hours. It has a little kick and has a nice and thick sauce.

 Southwestern Slow Cooked Chicken:
adapted from: 200 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
15 oz tomato sauce
2 TBS sugar
3 TBS canned sliced jalapeños
2 TBS lime juice
1/4 tsp Molasses
2 tsp Cumin
1/4- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 
1 drop liquid smoke (optional)
4 pounds skinless chicken thighs

Combine everything except the chicken in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Put the chicken in the sauce meaty side down. Set the slow cooker on low and cook for 6 hours. We ate the chicken with rice and corn, don't forget to save the sauce for over the chicken!



  
      


No comments:

Post a Comment