Friday, September 7, 2012

Blueberry Cheesecake

I don't make a ton of cheesecake, due to the fact that I don't like it. However it's not all about me all the time. I offered to make dessert for a good friend's baby shower, and she asked for cheesecake. Don't get me wrong I make a good cheesecake, I think it's rather easy. As long as you follow the directions. With baking you can't always fly by the seat of your pants and just add a bunch of crazy stuff, like you can in cooking. It's more chemestry. I personaly didn't do well in chemistry, but I do well in baking and that's all my employers care about. I can read and do math. . I made this cheesecake in 1 hour and 45 min. That includes looking through my books for recipes. There were none for blueberry cheesecake, all of them had the blueberries on top. I was planning on doing that as well as making sure that every single bite had a punch of blueberries. Plus I had a bunch of blueberries to use up.
Lights Camera Cheese-Cake!
For the crust: 
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 cup Butter cold
Combine everything till the butter is pea sized. Press the mix into the bottom of a  8 inch spring form pan, or muffin cups in a muffin tin. If using a spring form pan place foil along the bottom and sides to keep water out while baking.  Bake 350* for 8-10 mins.
For the filling:
2 pounds cream cheese at room temp
1 cup sugar
3 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 eggs - at room temp
 1 cup Blueberries chopped
1/4 cup sugar
Preheat the oven at 325*
Combine blueberries and 1/4 cup sugar.
In the mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla beat until blended. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time just enough to blend thoroughly fold in the blueberry sugar mix. Pour into prepared crust. Place on a larger pan with sides. Pour hot water into the pan so there is 1 inch.  Bake until the top of the cake is golden about 1 1/2 hours for the 8 inch pan, about 45 min for muffin cup size. Let cool in the pan, run a knife along the rim to loosen the crust. Let set 4 hours before serving.

Blueberry Topping:
1 1/2 cups Blueberries
1 TBS Honey
1TBS Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Combine everything and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes until the berries release some liquid but keep their shape. Set aside until ready to top the cheesecake and serve.








No comments:

Post a Comment