Thursday, October 11, 2012

Peanut Butter French Toast

Breakfast for dinner! Ryan puts peanut butter on everything. When I say Everything I mean it!  I figured I would put the peanut butter in the French toast batter so it was covered in peanut goodness.  Then a drizzle of syrup and powdered sugar for the win! I use Adams peanut butter which is all natural, that also means the oil separates and it has to be stirred. Since it's a thinner peanut butter it blended well with the egg and milk. If using a thicker peanut butter I would melt in the microwave for 20 sec. I was informed that I could have used more peanut butter, so I put a range of 1/4 c - to 1/2 c.  
Since you have your peanut butter out, look at the label and make sure it hasn't been recalled: P.B Recall (If you use Adams no worries it wasn't recalled.)
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1/4- 1/2 cup peanut butter- smooth  
2 TBS Sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 TBS butter
pinch of salt
6-wheat bread slices
 Combine the milk, eggs, peanut butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract in a wide bowl. Whisk briskly- you might have to keep the whisk handy, the mix might need to be stirred between slices. Heat a large griddle or skillet on medium, and put in the butter. While heating up the pan, dip 1 slice of toast into the milk, egg, peanut butter mixture turn to coat. Shake off the excess goo and place in the pan. Cook it till browned and then flip. Repeat till all the "goo" is gone. Eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment