Sunday, August 19, 2012

CocoCherri & RazzleMelon Pops

Last week's HEAT was unbearable . I couldn't do anything in my kitchen that involved a heat source. We did a bunch of grilling instead. The only things I managed to make in the kitchen was POPS. Heaven forbid we run out of yummy cool treats during this heat! I made a few kinds. I am including them in this same post since the instructions are the same. I had a bunch of cherries that needed attention among a few other things in my fridge. The first pops are CocoCherri- since my cherries were so ripe and sweet I didn't need to add any sugar. Second I had a watermelon and some raspberries I thought they sounded perfect together. My raspberries were a little tart so sugar was added. Hopefully we have some more warm days that you can enjoy some frozen treats. I personaly love pops in the winter I just enjoy them in front of the fire and dream of summer.
CocoCherri  (Cherry & Coconut Pops)
1 liter of cherry juice/ compote from fresh cherries
CocoCherri
1 can of Coconut Milk
*Note I pitted my cherries and mashed them up, but bottled juice can be used. For the coconut milk- make sure it's pure Cocnut Milk- NOT coconut water or that creame de coconut (it's way too sugary). Always taste the mixture before freezing, if it's too tart just add a few tablespoons of sugar at a time till it's at your desired sweetness. - See freezing instuctions after the  RazzleMelon Pops

RazzleMelon (Raspberry & Watermelon Pops)
1 Small seedless Watermelon- rind removed, cut in chunks
2 cups fresh/frozen Raspberries- washed
1 Lime zested and juiced
1/2 cup sugar
Blend everything together. Run through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.  Taste before freezing adjust flavor to desired sweetness.
RazzleMelon 

Molding and Freezing Instructions:
Now divide into Popsicle molds, freeze for about and hour and add the sticks. Don't add the sticks right away because they will sink to the bottom. I always freeze my pops overnight before removing from the molds. To release from molds, just dip in warm water and pull out. Wrap the pops in wax paper or plastic wrap,then stack in a freezer bag. It's so much better then store bought pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment