Friday, June 1, 2012

Pineapple Orange Papaya Pops


 Yes! More Pops and this one even spells out P.O.P.. Sometimes I crack myself up! Since the Papaya Pops were such a hit at my house. I picked up another papaya. Experimenting with different flavors is fun so this pop has Pineapple, Orange and Papaya. Oh man I think I out did myself this time. Wow, wow, wow!!  Without delay here is my P.O.P. recipe.


1 ripe papaya  (peeled and seeded)
8oz can pineapple tidbits in  juice
1 orange zested and juiced
3/4 cup sugar
  
Cut the papaya up in cubes combine with pineapple, orange juice, zest and sugar in  a blender or food processor.  Puree till smooth and the sugar is dissolved.  
Now divide into Popsicle molds, freeze for about and hour and add the sticks. Don't add the sticks right away because they will sink to the bottom. Don't forget to label the end of the sticks.I always freeze my pops overnight before removing from the molds. To release from molds, just dip in warm water and pull out. Wrap the pops in wax paper or plastic wrap,then stack in a freezer bag. It's so much better then store bought pops! Stay tuned for more pops this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment