Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fast Erny's Sonoran Lime Chicken



Yes cooking does run in the family. My grandfather was an amazing cook, and he passed his passion for food down to my Dad. My dad is always making up crazy dishes, or trying to recreate one he had at a restaurant. This particular recipe was inspired by Guidos Taco Shop in Arizona. My dad first tasted it 20 years ago and now has finally found the perfect combination. I know a few people will be excited about this recipe. This is a easy way to cook chicken in warm summer months. It's a refreshing combination and goes well with grilled corn on the cob! This is the first of many recipes from my Dad "Fast Erny".

Fast Erny's Sonoran Lime Chicken:
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
5 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1/2 tablespoon Albuquerque chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons Canola oil or Corn*
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro*
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion*
2 pounds chicken pieces*


Mix all ingredients in gallon zip lock bag or non-reactive bowl.
Let Marinate 2 hours in Refrigerator.
Marinating  overnight is excellent also.

* A few changes I made while making this for the first time:
onion & cilantro paste
I used whole chicken breasts, instead of chopping the Cilantro and Onion I put them through my food processor and made a  paste. I only had Olive Oil so I used that instead of Canola or Corn Oil.

Cook on med heat on the grill (use aluminum foil on the grill turn up all edges)
When using foil empty remaining marinade on the chicken and let flavor cook in. Make sure this is done after placing the foil on the grill- Trust me don't try and plan ahead by placing everything on the foil before setting on the grill.
grill on both sides until thermometer reads 165* or higher. 
 
Note: This can be cooked in oven at 350 degrees or stove top 

No comments:

Post a Comment