Monday, May 21, 2012

Papaya Face mask



I bought a papaya the other day. I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Many things whirled through my head. I ended up doing some research and decided on a face mask. Papaya is full of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, plus an enzyme that helps ex-foliate for a smooth complexion. Just what I was looking for. Now what to add to it?  I saw many different recipes, but settled on the one I had everything for in my pantry. Papaya Almond and Honey.

This made a pretty big batch for how much I have on my face. Keep it refrigerated and use it within a week. It's a great soothing mask for sunburned or irritated skin. It can be applied on a regular basis.


Papaya Almond Face Mask:
1 cup Papaya cubed up
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup plain Almonds

In my research I found a great site that explains How to pick a papaya.
 I peeled the papaya and then cut it in half. After cutting in half you will see the seeds, they are big black seeds. I tried one to see how it tasted and well lets just say don't do that! Way bitter! Scoop out the black seeds.  Cut the papaya in chunks, toss everything into the food processor, blend to a smooth constancy. Let sit for 10 min, then apply to your face avoiding the eye area. Rinse off after 10-15 min. This will help with a smooth complexion. 
NOTE: I am not a trained dermatologist, if you are allergic to any ingredient I suggest not using this recipe.  Use at your own risk.  However I used it and had great results! 







No comments:

Post a Comment