Monday, September 26, 2011

Stay Tuned!

 Fall is here- Yesterday really felt like fall, it was blustery and windy. I was driving on the freeway and I noticed my car had some resistance, but it was only the wind. I came home to find that my power was out along with most of the neighbors. This got me thinking I can't rely on most of my food being frozen, if we have a major power outage we would loose all of our food. I have dabbled in canning before but just the small stuff  pickles, jam, peppers, relish. But nothing really that is much use. I have been wanting to try pressure canning. When you pressure can, anything is possible. So I have jumped in both feet first and I am making chicken soup with homemade chicken stock, and tomato sauce. Those of you who know me well, know that I HATE tomatoes-  and yes I still do but I can stand tomato sauce if it is spicy enough and not chunky. So if I am so picky I better just make it myself right? right! So stay tuned to some fun pressure canning posts!

 On a unrelated note:
Photo By KOMO-TV
This morning I woke up to a sudden shock, it felt like a giant was shaking my house. I checked and saw that the power was still on, and Ryan went and checked on Lukas. He was fine and still asleep. Everything in the house seemed to be fine. I had to get up for work anyway, so I decided to take a shower.  After my shower we turned on the news, breaking news- there was a giant explosion/fire in a house about 40 blocks away. I was watching it on T.V. just mezmorized by the sight, so many flames and police. I hadn't realized the time and I had to fly out the door. As I walked outside I could smell the burning.  Here is the link to the news story if you want more. http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/N-Seattle-home-explodes-2-hurt-2189071.php#photo-1626454

No comments:

Post a Comment