Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pizza Bagels

Yep pizza bagels! I'm not sure why I didn't think of them before. I had the mini pizza bagels when they first came out. Let me tell you the ones I made are far better than the ones from the freezer isle. Plus I used regular sized bagels. This is more like a suggestive recipe. I'm giving you the basic idea and way to construct them. But what you put on them is really up to you. I had some homemade marinara sauce in the fridge leftover from spaghetti, but any red sauce, pesto or cream sauce will do. I cut each bagel in half thus making 2 pizzas from each bagel, Then I smeared some sauce all over the cut sides, then added my toppings. I used dry salami, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms and fresh mozzarella. After everything was piled on top I sprinkled the whole thing with red peppers, basil and oregano. I made 10 pizzas, then froze them overnight. After they are completely frozen they can be bagged up for easier storage.  To bake them preheat the oven to 425 and bake for 15-20 min frozen, I imagine it will take half the time if they are thawed or were not frozen at all. Enjoy your pizza Bagels!

No comments:

Post a Comment